Non vanilla demo

COMPET-N chit chat
fx
nightmare

Non vanilla demo

Post by fx »

I noticed one demo that's not compatible with lmpc, and when I opened it I saw it contains some data after demo end marker which means it's not a vanilla demo at all. Since COMPET-N was abandoned at time this was uploaded (late 2006) I'm just wondering if this was a mistake or Donatas didn't care and uploaded "cheated" demo?

http://doom.com.hr/index.php?page=compe ... 16n342.zip
vdgg
champ

Re: Non vanilla demo

Post by vdgg »

That is strange, at DSDA there's not a single PrBoom demo by Donatas (Vile map23 doesn't count, there was no info about the engine in the txt, I assume it was Boom 2.02). His recordings are Doom2.exe for vanilla, Doom2+ for limit removing and plain "vanilla" Boom for others. I won't try to speculate here, maybe I could achieve an exit myself on Nightmare... I'll try as I see you removed the demo from the DB.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Demo is not valid, that's for sure. How did it get here or was it even submitted by Donatas, I don't know. Maybe someone knows something and can explain. I'm waiting for some clarification :)
vdgg
champ

Post by vdgg »

Why, between 2005-2009 the /incoming folder was working fine, everyone was putting demos there.
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread. ... post647510
vdgg
champ

Post by vdgg »

fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Good, that gives some idea what was done. Unfortunately, demo will be removed permanently from db and moved to misc demos. Do not tickle with demos! :facepalm:
Anyway, thank you vdgg for help and new demo ;)