hr27

They are just as good as the originals :)
xit-vono
player

hr27

Post by xit-vono »

ok so does anyone have any clue what happened in that demo?
Vile
player

Re: hr27

Post by Vile »

Sure, Sedlo gets archie-jumped through the gates leading into one of the cyberdemon pens, who then teleports with the cyberdemon to the destination point, which is the yellow key area.  The cyberdemon gets killed by a telefrag and Sedlo continues onward.
Opulent
player

Post by Opulent »

I think he's referring to the hr27odd demo in incoming.
that is a buffer overrun bug in DOOM.  Too many things happen at once and the game makes a mistake, essentially.  I have the specific code reason on my hdd somewhere...
There are several such demos at the DSDA... Yab, blacktwr(that is a cool one, Led exits in an impossible time due to the bug!), several on HR.  These demos are some of the only ones that desync in Prboom because it doesn't make that error.
that Speedrun trick is tough to do without taking too much damage.  :)
paulgilb
noob

Post by paulgilb »

There is an AV demo (included with a valid demo) that has this bug.

Also, I think that hr27-057 should be considered a valid pacifist demo, as the telefrag was unintentional (as the archie 'just happened' to fire you towards the teleporter).
admin
nightmare

Post by admin »

paulgilb: hahaha... no.
999cop
noob

Post by 999cop »

There is an AV demo (included with a valid demo) that has this bug.

Also, I think that hr27-057 should be considered a valid pacifist demo, as the telefrag was unintentional (as the archie 'just happened' to fire you towards the teleporter).
lol, the Great Cyber is in the way :p
Screw it, screw you, screw Quake!