hr26

They are just as good as the originals :)
Vile
player

hr26

Post by Vile »

I had a small question regarding this one, after playing through it twice.. is the extermination of the ghosts at the very end really required to make this a real max run?
Last edited by Vile on 03.06.2002 01:39, edited 1 time in total.
Vile
player

Re: hr26

Post by Vile »

On further inspection, I suppose both Kai and Peo put up with the same thing to get legit runs.  No wonder not many people have played this one.   :)

Since I've already played it a few times I may as well try to get a complete run.  It's still a strange stroke of level design.
admin
nightmare

Post by admin »

I had a different opinion on this previously, but I checked the map and if I'm right there's three scenarios of trying a maxkill:

A. You kill everything, 4 monsters stay alive (the 4 ghost creating archies), the ghosts don't come and you exit with 4 monsters alive.
B. You kill everything, the ghosts come and you don't kill (some of) them, you exit with more than 4 monsters alive.
C. You kill everything, the ghosts come, you finish them off, and exit with than 4 monsters alive.

I think if the ghosts came every single time then you'd have to kill them to secure exiting with the least amount of monsters alive. But since it's not, you can exit without any ghosts being created and still secure that you only have 4 monsters left (which you can't kill).
With this logic, I think A. and C. are valid. That means Kai's run should be valid as well...
Opulent
player

Post by Opulent »

the ghosts are only really a problem if you do the map out of sequence, IIRC.  If you have the main area already cleared, I certainly wouldn't say the ghosts part is the hard part of the map.
I look forward to Vile's demos. :)
Vile
player

Post by Vile »

Well, I didn't keep the previous runs, but they had me checking the map with iddt/idclip to see what the ghosts were up to anyway, so I doubt I would have kept them.  With my luck, the ghosts will show up everytime now, but we'll see what happens.  :)
Ryback
noob

Post by Ryback »

With this logic, I think A. and C. are valid. That means Kai's run should be valid as well...
Well, that means I must hold the current record for this level, by about 26 seconds or something (it's on the SDA site somewhere). But no doubt Vile will be smacking it down very shortly...
AltimaMantoid
player

I am hr26's bitch

Post by AltimaMantoid »

How ANYONE can live through that level is an amazement to me...I play it and I last...oh...2 minutes at best -_-'

And Vile....any single-level run over 40 minutes is just SCREAMING for an improvement!
"The Man with the Golden BFG"
xit-vono
player

Post by xit-vono »

I wouldn't say t4m15056 is SCREAMING for an improvement, but I guess the time is improvable by quite a bit.
AltimaMantoid
player

t4m1

Post by AltimaMantoid »

Yeah, I would have to agree, but I'd really love to see that one at a time like 39:59 or something, just so it would be under 40 minutes ^^

But given the circumstances of the Map...I really doubt it... -_-'
"The Man with the Golden BFG"
DooMBoy
noob

Post by DooMBoy »

Heu, Xit, I wanna see you do a demo Tyson-style E1M8 where you take the  Barons barehanded :-*
xit-vono
player

Post by xit-vono »

ok DooMBoy, I did a e1m8 fist only for you.  You can find it at the ftp in /incoming/dang/misc/l1m81014.zip