Is the cndoom database up to date?

Competition Doom aka. CNDOOM, a COMPET-N reboot, v2 or whatever you want to call it.
Konceptz
noob

Is the cndoom database up to date?

Post by Konceptz »

I only ask because the only records I can see are for speed. That being said, if I were to upload some max demos would I have to beat the compet-n records or is everything starting fresh?
Springy
noob

Re: Is the cndoom database up to date?

Post by Springy »

Hi, hi. I believe the CNDoom database is up-to-date but I should imagine that you would ideally have to beat an existing record (kind of makes sense as both databases are of a similar nature), but I am not entirely sure myself, hence why I have put off uploading anything, really. The best person to ask would be FX as I believe he is the man of the rules.
Konceptz
noob

Post by Konceptz »

I'll shoot him a message if I don't get a reply here in the next few days I suppose.
4shockblast
noob

Post by 4shockblast »

I'm pretty sure you can upload non-records to CNDoom database if you want, as long as they beat the CNDoom database time if there is any. I personally have no interest in doing so, as I think a run I upload should beat all existing records (at least under the same compatibility, so not stuff recorded with GZDoom or ports like that).
Konceptz
noob

Post by Konceptz »

I'm here to break records, not just record :)
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

You are free to upload anything as long as it does not break Competition Doom rules.

Most of old players are aiming to improve old compet-n records in Competition Doom but that's not gonna happen soon as there is no motivation.
Motivation comes from other players, so that's why we allowed to send "slower" records as it might bring new people that would over time improve their movement skills, tactics, etc. and then old players "might" jump in. Unfortunately people are still playing in vanilla doom and as much as I want to play and beat some max/fast/respawn/ns records I'm not interested in starting my old win98se pc, setting everything up... It consumes time as I lost the "feeling" to play on true vanilla Doom. DOSBox is just shit, I tried to play, recorded with Loop one coop but will not go back there.
That's why we have Competition Doom and I play it most of the time but there are no fast/respawn/ns except max but as I said, is there someone who would play/compete max category with me so I won't just fill the blanks? :)

So, to sum it up again, yes you can upload slower demos but only speed, max and nightmare category demos.
Konceptz
noob

Post by Konceptz »

Thanks FX, when I get a demo I think it's worthy enough I'll throw it up :)