Curiosity

Anything else!
AltimaMantoid
player

Curiosity

Post by AltimaMantoid »

So, now that Chocolate Doom is out (or coming out, I haven't kept up with Doom matters lately, but I need to get back into it...), would C-N demos be acceptable on C-Doom, or do things still have to be done on V-Doom?

Times are changing and DOS is outdated and unsupported, and thus legit C-N speedrunning of Doom is thus, dying in support due to the ushering in of new coding and new technologies. Also with Vista out now, who knows if there will even -be- a DOS-box style program out there?

Just something to ponder about and get the forums slightly fired up again. I would love to contribute speedruns again, but since I have no ability to play V-Doom in any forseeable future... I'm not sure what to do. I do need to go back and make some stuff for Opulent if he still runs DSDA ^_^

And yes, I'm aware the site hasn't been updated in 2 years... I miss this place, so many memories attached.

Also, hey guys, I'm still alive =)
"The Man with the Golden BFG"
Opulent
player

Re: Curiosity

Post by Opulent »

As previously stated by many, I believe that this incarnation of the Compet-N should always be vanilla DOOM only.
I don't see the harm in a new site continuing this site that allows chocolate DOOM or even PrBoom compatibility demos.  It already is easy to cheat, with these ports it is perhaps impossible to screen demos for cheating.  I would like to see a distinction in the tables between vanilla and otherwise.
Good to see you around!
Btw, the DSDA is hitting a bit of an inactive spot... I hope that changes in the future... or perhaps gets a new admin.(the Compet-N too!)
AltimaMantoid
player

Post by AltimaMantoid »

Psh, I need to go download some PWADs and just play through them. I'll probably record on GLBoom or Chocolate-Doom since I'm in a fix and can't really Vanilla stuff atm... =(
"The Man with the Golden BFG"
Opulent
player

Post by Opulent »

vanilla-esque recording could probably be submitted as misc entries... just not for points.
that's my opinion anyway...