Demo upload

COMPET-N chit chat
fx
nightmare

Demo upload

Post by fx »

Starting yesterday, players will have to register on forum to be able to upload COMPET-N demos. Some will not like :cry: that "feature" but how about going to any world competition without some kind of identification. Aynway, you can still "hide" under your nickname, so no harm is done. ;)

Unfortunately, it's a bit tricky and error prone to automatically "merge" COMPET-N ID and forum ID so you have to do some work first and only once:

So... I've re-made upload and what does that mean to you:
  • 1. if you are a new player (even for cooperative), register on forum, if not proceed to 3.
    2. send me email to competn@doom.com.hr with your data (at least nickname and country) and I'll do the rest of registration.
    3. "old" players only: open database, find your record and click on your name, there you will see "Unique player ID" under your name. Copy that silly number.
    4. go to settings and scroll down, then paste crazy number under your Compet-n player ID. Don't forget to SAVE!
    5. Upload demo.
I have already did that for some forum members, so they can only check if it works or not by going to upload page:
http://doom.com.hr/upload.php

Cooperative notes:
Player1 (Green player) should upload demo and select Player2 when uploading. No harm if Player2 uploads it but then I have to fix it :alcoholic:

Cooperative demos with three or four players should be sent via email, PLEASE DO NOT upload them!

Here is a sample how to send demo:

how to send demo

ps. if you forgot something in upload form, don't hit back on your browser, just click "go back and try again" so all fields will be re-populated except file.
Also, do not hit refresh after your demo is uploaded. It might duplicate record in database (not sure 100% hehe). That's more fixes for me. :facepalm: