Help the admin and post errors you find HERE

COMPET-N chit chat
fx
nightmare

Re: Help the admin and post errors you find HERE

Post by fx »

Ok, MM11 fixed again with CLED as marineController suggested, current speed and nightmare runs will work now, sorry for all the trouble:

Code: Select all

cled mm11.wad line(11,1394).type=1
cled mm11.wad line(11,1397).type=1
cled mm11.wad sector(11,175).tag=27
I've tested all speed and nightmare runs and they all work fine. Current runs will not be removed/invalid until someone makes new ones.

Download from here:
http://www.doom.com.hr/public/compet-n/pwads/mm/
vdgg
champ

Post by vdgg »

I managed a successful upload to /incoming, but I noticed an unnecessary message in red (the script is expecting an .lmp and screams about a .zip??, just my guess)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/ ... 567bce.jpg
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Well, upload script is checking contents of zip file on many ways to make it harder to crack/hack so that's why you got this kind of error, but it's a minor "error" since the script detected another lmp file that is not named "correctly". I'm working on new script so it will be fixed. Sorry for inconvenience and late answer I'm crowded with RL stuff atm :(
Ryback
noob

Post by Ryback »

I know you've already had some Andreas Kren / Michael Kren issues above, but I don't think it's right. At present Michael Kren has no Ultimate Doom demos credited to him, but on UV speed at least he should have

EP1MI8-V
E2M1A043
E2M2-016
E2M3-041
E2M5-033
E2M9-012
E3M1-039
E3M2-017
E3M5-028 (this one's lacking a textfile for some reason, I can post it if you need it)
E3M6-037
E3M7-117
E3M7-120

I think that's it.

On another note, Andreas Kren's E4M2-045 is actually showing up with the U4M9 speedrun entries.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

ty I'll check it when I find some time.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

OK, most of Michael Kren demos should be fixed now.
Please send me complete E3M5-028 and E3M7-120 as I'm just too lazy to search for it now since I'm fixing db issues I added today :O
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

I've fixed and enabled hi-score, shows fine for me, needs more checking for movies since I decided to apply new rules for them and too tired to check it now, so if anyone will notice something weird report please.
vdgg
champ

Post by vdgg »

So I was about to reply to that: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread. ... ost1329487 with a link containing a list of Doom2 UV Speed Movies, and I can't! Database-> Doom2 -> UV Speed, I click on "ALL: Doom 2 Hell On Earth (MAP01 - MAP30)" and I get MAP01 times...
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Uh, thank you for report, damn, looper didnt even tell me he did new run... thatvbastard! ;) I'll fix it later, in town right now.

ps. that should be fixed now, sorry
4shockblast
noob

Post by 4shockblast »

vdgg wrote:So I was about to reply to that: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread. ... ost1329487 with a link containing a list of Doom2 UV Speed Movies, and I can't! Database-> Doom2 -> UV Speed, I click on "ALL: Doom 2 Hell On Earth (MAP01 - MAP30)" and I get MAP01 times...
I got the same issues as this with Doom 1 episodes 3 and 4 (redirected to E1M1 times). I don't know if this occurred anywhere else on the database (though it might be a good idea to test all the movie links at the very least).

Edit: Also, some of the download links are broken (I had issues with map 17 UV-Speed in 1:59 and the oldest Doom episode 1 UV-Speed, for instance).
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Ok, EP3 and EP4 are fixed, small typo, well downloads are broken as I see, well, didn't notice it until now :( Will fix later. Ty for report.

ps Ok, all should be fine now :) Forgot to remove .htacess from public directory after changing download process.
4shockblast
noob

Post by 4shockblast »

Another thing: links to players from the stats page don't link to the right pages (all the player links take me to the front page of the Compet-N database). Also, all the demo links don't work.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Fixed too, I see that total time is also broken on stats but not in the mood for that. Woosh so many things to fix :( Thank you, feel free to report any other problem!
ZeroMaster010
noob

Post by ZeroMaster010 »

I noticed CNDoom was updated v2.03, however I haven't changed version yet and I am unable to upload demo from v2.02.
Though the demo is kinda bad so not too important to upload it, I posted it on doomworld (Doom II demos thread) and I will switch to v2.03 from now on.

Also in the database section for competn and cndoom it says First demo twice, where 1 should say Last demo.

Edit: and download link for Competition Doom v2.0.3.1 for Windows doesn't work.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Ok, thank you all errors fixed.
Regarding 2.0.2 demos. They are still accepted just send them to admin@doom.com.hr or provide a link to demo. Upload script will recognize 2.02 but will not accept it as demo metadata structure is changed a bit.

Also, do not overwrite your 2.0.2/2.0.3 version with 2.0.3.1 as some settings were changed and could lead to problems. So create new directory and set it up from scratch.

Is you nick Zero-Master or ZeroMaster010 or something else so I can update player data for you but I'm not sure since you use Zero-Master in txt files.

ps. Happy New Year! ;)
ZeroMaster010
noob

Post by ZeroMaster010 »

I got the new cndoom version now, thanks, also link to the demo http://www.doomworld.com/vb/attachment. ... id=1333057

I preffer Zero-Master whenever possible, so ZeroMaster010 is more my second choice whenever username is taken or - is not allowed etc, so please update if you can to Zero-Master instead.

And Happy New Year! :)
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Ok, should I change forum nickname/username to Zero-Master too?
ZeroMaster010
noob

Post by ZeroMaster010 »

That's not necessary since my username on doomworld is the same.
4shockblast
noob

Post by 4shockblast »

es10-200 on the TNT page is downloadable from the NM100 table, but the NM-Speed table link is broken.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Fixed
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

From the FAQ:
Q: How do I know how to name my demos?
A: The list is getting long, so I provide a link.
That link is dead.
UV Maxkills: finishing the level as fast as possible, in Ultra Violence, killing every monster at least once including monsters resurrected by an arch-vile, except lost souls, and with 100% secrets.
I believe this has been discussed before but should "killing every monster at least once" read "exiting with all monsters dead"? The former seems to indicate that monsters resurrected by arch-viles don't need to be killed (which is thankfully addressed) though I can see someone completely new to Doom and CNDOOM/COMPET-N misinterpreting this in the fallowing ways:intentionally
"I only need to kill monsters resurrect by arch-viles once, never-mind the arch-viles resurrected some monsters a second time."
"I, myself, must kill all monsters. This will be very hard avoiding infighting."

I think the fallowing reads much better:
UV Maxkills: finishing the level as fast as possible, in Ultra Violence, exiting with all monsters dead, including monsters resurrected by an arch-vile, except lost souls, and with 100% secrets.
Ditto for -fast and tyson. Something about the Icon of Sin might want to either be posted in the Max/Fast/Tyson rules or the map specific rules.

You might want to remove the "movie" (Episode/Run) section and replace it with a more concise version, as the current section leaves out certain categories as well as Final Doom and PWADs. I find it strange that the movie rules are listed as if they are specific to just doom.wad and doom2.wad while the single level categories are generic.

You might want to replace it with something like this:
Episode runs: Any of the above categories can be played across multiple maps to complete an episode. For Doom and Classic Episode this means playing the category across all maps ExM1-ExM9. Time is the total combined time of maps ExM1-ExM7 and ExM9, the player has to survive ExM8. Valid episodes for all other WADs are: MAPS 01-10, 11-20, 21-30 and a full run (MAPS 01-30).

All maps have to be played according to the category rules, including ExM8. For UV Speed, NM Speed, and Pacifist entries, secret levels within the episode or full run (such as ExM9, MAP31, MAP32) can be skipped but they MUST be played in UV Maxkills, NM 100% secrets, UV -Fast, UV -Respawn and UV Tyson entries. If no entry exist for an episode (or full run) that completes it, incomplete episode uploads will be accepted so long as the player completes (as in satisfies the rules of the category) one map more than the previous entry (Is this true??)
Some "has/have" corrections from "SECTION ONE: Miscellanous things in various levels":

PLUTONIA
MAP02, MAP16, MAP21 and MAP30 has no secrets
should be:
MAP02, MAP16, MAP21 and MAP30 have no secrets
MEMENTO MORI
MAP11, MAP12 and MAP23 has no secrets
should be:
MAP11, MAP12 and MAP23 have no secrets
MEMENTO MORI 2
MAP30, MAP32 and Top secret MAP02 has no secrets
should be:
MAP30, MAP32 and Top secret MAP02 have no secrets
REQUIEM
MAP07 and MAP30 has no secrets.
should be:
MAP07 and MAP30 have no secrets.
I also noticed that some bullet points have periods at the end and others do not.

COMMENT: I see I got major sidetracked after initially doing nothing more than reporting a dead link.

EDIT: I just realized that in my pl11-230 max demo text file contains the wrong item count. It should be 12/16, not 13/16 as I wrote.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Yeah I'm aware of "bugs" will fix this as later today I'll have some free time.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

What happened to lv01 max?
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

Xit Vono's pn32-118 entry is not in the nm100s table, yet he obtains all secrets.

By the way, you might want to add to the NM100S rules that maps with no secrets are not eligible for NM100S submissions because it appears the upload page lets players do so anyways.
nm100syeyesonnonomap.png
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

I've added pn32-118 to database. I think I could remove those maps from script so they would not appear, hmm will add it to todo.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

On the 2015 stats page for COMPET-N, I'm listed as the most active player with a time of 00:50:00, yet Vdgg's tyson run of mm2 MAP23 is over 51 minutes long.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

I'm aware of it, noticed it already but lazy to fix. Will add to my TODO.
4shockblast
noob

Post by 4shockblast »

Don't see any error thread specific to the CNDoom discussion subforum, so posting this here: Zero-Master's episode 3 UV-Speed for Doom 1 appears under E3M8 on the table.
4shockblast
noob

Post by 4shockblast »

Also, the E1M8 Tyson record is a 1:37 (although the filename and textfile suggest otherwise).
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Ok, will check that tyson. Thank you.
4shockblast
noob

Post by 4shockblast »

Another error: two of the former E4M7 co-op records (c4s7-013 and c4s7-014) show Aqfaq as a runner on the database, but according to the textfile, the runners were Arno Slagboom and Marko van der Want.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Ok, fixed, thank you, nice finds! :)
4shockblast
noob

Post by 4shockblast »

Another thing: Zero-Master's Plutonia episode 2 and 3 NM-Speeds and movie NM-Speed appear under the Ultra-Violence Speed category on the database table here.
ZeroMaster010
noob

Post by ZeroMaster010 »

I accidently had movie ticked off in cndoom launcher for my uv-max for plutonia map 21, so it's listed as a movie run. sorry about that.

Edit: and comment to the above post by 4shockblast, I believe I did have nightmare checked instead of UV when I did those, and I was surprised when they got listed as UV instead. It was a while ago so I am not 100% sure if was my fault as well to why it is listed under UV.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

UV max is fixed, please be careful, I know it's just a "tick" in launcher but takes time for me to fix it :D
Regarding episodes.. I guess upload script/detection script is messed up somewhere... adding to my todo list, sry about that bug, demo is fine, but script messed up somewhere.
4shockblast
noob

Post by 4shockblast »

There's some places in the CNDoom database where I found demos that appear twice:
http://www.doom.com.hr/index.php?page=c ... player_id= - Plutonia map 9 UV-Speed in 0:45 by ZM
http://www.doom.com.hr/index.php?page=c ... player_id= - Plutonia map 25 UV-Speed in 0:15 by ZM
http://www.doom.com.hr/index.php?page=c ... player_id= - Plutonia map 9 NM-Speed in 0:57 by ZM

Also, minor thing, but the header "Episode record's" appears twice on this page, once above episode 1, and once above episodes 2 and 3 (even more minor: there should be no apostrophe in "record's" ;) ). In general, based on this page, it looks like it's random how many "Episode record's" or "Movie record's" headers appear above the demo rows.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

I'm aware of those bugs just have no time. New database script for cndoom is full of bugs and I need few days to fix it. But thank you for reporting, heh "record's"... I should be more careful.
Huncd6814
noob

Post by Huncd6814 »

On https://www.doom.com.hr/index.php?page=compet-n_rules (titled "Rules and F.A.Q." on the sidebar), under the question "COMPET-N is too hard for me. Is there a place where I can have success with my skills?":

[*]Doug "Opulent" Merrill no longer maintains the DSDA at https://www.doomworld.com/sda/doom_sda.htm. Andy Olivera currently maintains the DSDA at this link: http://doomedsda.us/index.html and has done so since November 2008.

The link should be updated to the doomedsda link above as we don't want people who find COMPET-N too hard to be directed to the old DSDA to submit demos there.

Thanks,
Jakub "Huncd6814" Puk

Saturday, 6th May 2017