TNT: Evilution M02 - Human BBQ NM100S

Routes, tactics, jumps, tricks and traps.
Amphedark
noob

TNT: Evilution M02 - Human BBQ NM100S

Post by Amphedark »

Now, ladies and gentleman, I'm going to be attempting this feat. I noticed that nobody has ever gotten this map, and since it's one of my favorites of Evilution... I want to beat it on Nightmare! with 100% like a champion. Can it be done, though? I'm willing to find out the hard way.

So, what do you guys think about Human BBQ and attempting NM100S? I crave a challenge, and playing on Nightmare! has proven to be a fun hobby for me lately.
"Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play."
fx
nightmare

Re: TNT: Evilution M02 - Human BBQ NM100S

Post by fx »

Well, there are many undone maps on NM100s as they are really hardcore to finish. Give it a try and send us details how far have you made it we might assist you then.
Amphedark
noob

Post by Amphedark »

Thanks for the clear and concise answer. Unlike a lot of runners, I like to take my time and fight the monsters - hence why I think 100S is a good category for me. I've beat DOOM2 and Evilution on Ultraviolence, but definitely not wholly on Nightmare!... using the boost gained from secrets though, I might be able to stay ahead of them. It's going to be messy, but I think this could prove to be a very interesting map to try out for!
"Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play."
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Any map on NM100s is pure challenge, I love NM100s and I did some records, but as I didn't play NM100s for a long time all I remember it could be very very painful/frustrating. You can have a perfect run till the end but you die second letar after thinking that you got a perfect run :) It's a problem becouse NM100s runs are usually long runs, so to repeat everything from the beginning is not eazy like in speedruns.
Amphedark
noob

Post by Amphedark »

Human BBQ is notorious for having one of those hairy starts, where you begin surrounded by shotgun zombies and imps. It also has gratuitous use of chaingunners, which... that's just bad news, lol. See, a NM100s run is special... because surviving is the point, and you're going to run into monsters you need to kill again. It's not so much a speedrun as... just playing on Nightmare!, heh.

Taking Nightmare! slowly and carefully is generally impossible without every secret, you see? So - I need to hit every single one... I'm sure you as all other Doomers know, you don't get far with chaingunners around, lol. Blindly rushing will get you chopped up like a tuna-fish nice and quick, especially in DOOM 2/Final Doom. TNT: Evilution has A LOT of zombies, so you can pretty much expect shotgun zombies and chaingunners to be your main threat most of the time - and the LAST thing you want is to get sniped by a stray bullet or pellet.

Yeah, this is a fun challenge if nothing else - I enjoy the merit in that. I tried beating Knee-Deep in the Dead on Nightmare!, but I just didn't know enough secrets yet to do a full-episode run.
Amphedark
noob

Post by Amphedark »

I've finally gotten my hands on a copy of vanilla Doom, and have it working deliciously in DOSBox... so, I'm likely to be practicing on maps like E1M3 and E3M1 NM100S before I work my way up to Human BBQ. It takes awhile to get "reacquainted" with fast monsters on.